$100 Room Challenge Art Studio Reveal

This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclaimer for more information.

I can’t believe that it is the $100 Room Challenge art studio reveal day! Let me just give a great big thank you to Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry for hosting this challenge. I honestly am not sure I would have gotten this room done without this challenge! Now, let’s get this party started.

First, let me recap where I started. We moved into this house at the end of last October. Because the holidays were fast approaching I basically put everything away, threw together the main living areas and bedrooms then called it good until after the holidays.

Which made for a very boring, not to mention chaotic art studio/office for me.It just wasn’t working.

My plan was to:     
* Sew and hang a relaxed roman shade     
* Paint my desk top and white workstation     
* Update my bulletin board     
* Recover my stool     
* Paint accessories and the 4 tiered tray     
* Make a window seat cushion     
* Paint a wall mural     
* Clean out closet and organize storage     
* Put together my wrapping cart     
* Organize my vinyl cart     
* Declutter everything     
* If I had enough in the budget install a chandelier and work on art pieces.

I am happy to say that I got it all done!

If you missed any of the previous weeks, you can see those here:
Week 1 |  Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Reveal

This room is by far the most colorful room I have ever had in my home. If I’m honest, I will say that this made me a little nervous. But, I love it! This is my view every morning. It makes me happy every time I walk in.

It is bright and happy. And makes my creativity flow. Seriously, I could kick myself for not doing it sooner. Especially since about 90% of it was paint or updating items I already had.

While not perfect, my supplies closet is organized, clean and clearly labeled. This was my first project in the room and it is amazing how great it felt when everything was clean!

My vinyl cart was cleaned, organized, labeled and moved to a more efficient place.

I think this may be the first time I’ve shared a picture behind the curtains of my work station. It’s all bins. All are now clearly labeled and cleaned out.

Although the inside of the desk drawer isn’t as pretty as I’d like it to be, it is organized and ready for work. Hopefully, sometime in the future, I will find pretty organizers that I like.

And last, but certainly not least, I’ve had time to get my calendar updated and decorated. I work so much better when it’s pretty!

Right inside of the office door is a small cabinet that houses a lot of art supplies. I haven’t shared this earlier because I didn’t do anything but clean this one out.

So how did my $100 budget come out?

* Fabric                                    $ 19.99     
*Fabric liner                            $   7.18     
*Cording                                  $    .99     
*L brackets                              $  2.28     
*Navy Paint, roller head       $ 28.10     
* Acrylic Paint                         $   1.72     
*Drawer Pulls                          $  8.66     
* Foam                                      $ 23.99     
* Cording                                  $  4.48
                                                   _________
For a grand total of:                   $ 97.39

Just under my $100 budget.

To finish this project and stay within my $100 budget, I dug deep and used paint, accessories and other items that I already had on hand. I can happily say that my art studio/ office is finished!

Now, I hope that you will join me in visiting my fellow bloggers to see their room reveals. I can’ wait!

Tammy from Patina and Paint
Share: