This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
week 3 $100 Room Challenge

Welcome to my Art Studio/office Week 3 $100 Room Challenge! Week 3 found me doing a lot of little projects along with one big one. Not as much done this week as last, but definitely projects that needed to be done before I could finish up my room. Just in case you missed them, click on the links and you can catch up on Week 1 and Week 2.

$100 Room Challenge

The $100 Room Challenge was created by Erin from Lemons, lavender and Laundry. Erin invites several bloggers to participate in renovating a room in their homes, in 4 weeks on a $100 budget.

white bulletin board

As I mentioned earlier, this week found me getting a lot of little projects done. I hung my bulletin board that I finished last week. Only to realize that the buffalo check was crooked… ugh. So, I’ll be rehanging that for sure!

pink and white buffalo check shade

Last week I made the pink and white buffalo relaxed roman shade. This week I got them hung! Yay!

white window seat with drawers and glass pulls

Last week I painted my window seat. This week I found the cutest glass drawer knobs and added them to the window seat. I LOVE them! They are so shiny and sparkly. I smile every time the light hits them. At $1.00 for each pull, they were a steal!

I painted my desk top. The movers scratched the top of the desk in the move so it needed a good coat of paint and top coat. Luckily I had just enough leftover from painting it the first time to get the entire top painted.

white workstation

I also gave my big white workstation top a coat of paint. Honestly, I get this area to so messy that about once or twice a year I sand it down and repaint it. I used paint that was leftover from our fireplace makeover.

tags

I went through all of my bins and made sure that all were labeled. On most of them I could use my trusty label maker, for those that the labels would not adhere to, I made paper labels clipped on with fun clothes pins.

jewelry piece

I rummaged through my stash of old jewelry and found some fun gems, then simply glued them to clothes pins that I painted gold.

window seat cushion

And now for the BIG project. The window seat cushion. This by far has been the hardest project as I am no seamstress, that’s for sure! There are a couple of things that I would have done differently, however for the most part I like how it turned out.

That pretty much sums up week 3!
Goals for the challenge:
Clean out office and declutter 
Organize closet
Make a relaxed roman shade
Paint desk top
Paint white workstation
Reno white bulletin board
Recover Stool
Paint 4 tiered tray
Paint a wall mural
Paint window seat
Make window seat cushion
Tag and organize bins and baskets
Load and organize wrapping cart
Organize vinyl cart
Change out ceiling fan for a chandelier
Replace or make accessories

So far I’ve completed all but the last two! However, those may be the most challenging of all since I have no idea at this point what I want to do!

Cost (Here’s the breakdown so far):
Fabric for Window and window seat:   $19.99
Liner for window shade                               7.18
Cord for window shade                                 .99
brackets for the shade                              2.28
Paint for mural wall                                     28.10
Acrylic paint for mural                                  1.72
Drawer Pulls                                                   8.66
Total                                                         $68.92 

That’s it for now! See you next week for week 4. Hopefully I will have all my accessories and chandelier pinned down!

Tammy from Patina and Paint
Share: