This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
$100 Room Challenge Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of the $100 Room Challenge. If you are new here, the room I chose to work on is my Art Studio/office.

If you missed week 1, you can see that here.

The $100 Room Challenge is issued by Erin from Lemons, Lavender and Laundry. She has given the challenge to several bloggers to renovate a room in 4 weeks with a budget of $100. I’ve chosen my office because it was such a hot mess and there was absolutely NO creativity going on in there!

before and after closet shelving

Week 1 was super productive. I can’t tell you how happy I am with all the small, and big, projects that I’ve gotten done. Most were just cleaning out the knick Knacks and organizing! Here’s the before and after of my closet shelving. I can not even begin to tell you how free I feel having gotten rid of and organizing all the stuff! Also, and this is a big one, these shelves came with the house and were installed at an angle. I took them apart, drilled new holes and re-screwed them back together so that the shelves were flat! Game changer!

wrapping cart

I finally got around to putting all the wrapping papers, bows, tape, sacks etc. on to the wrapping cart. And since I’ve cleaned out the closet, I have plenty of room to roll it in and out when needed.

4 tiered stand

Unfortunately, in my excitement I forgot to take a before of this 4 tiered stand. It was a pretty turquoise that looked great in my last studio, but no so much in the new one. A quick coat of left over white spray paint fixed that!

before and after stool

Same with the stool! It’s not the best picture, but I found an old photo of my old office. The stool is sitting in front of the workstation in all it’s black, white and gold glory.

recovering a stool seat

This was a simple upgrade. I spray painted the legs navy. Since the seat was a little short on padding, I added some left over foam to the top and covered it with extra material that was left over from the curtains.

relaxed roman shade

Speaking of curtains. I made a lined relaxed roman shade to go over the window behind my desk. I fell in love with this material and ordered it as soon as we moved in last October. As of today, I haven’t hung the shade yet, but plan to as soon as possible!

before and after of the window seat

For some reason I didn’t include this in my to do list last week. In fact, I didn’t even think about it until I was fitting the window seat with foam to sew a seat cushion. Nothing wrong with golden oak except it matched nothing in my room. I gave it 3 coats of white cabinet and trim paint that I had left over from the fireplace remodel. Now I just need to find, or make, some awesome pulls!

Bulletin board makeover

The bulletin board makeover was on my list. Thankfully, between paint projects, I was able to get it done.

bulletin board makeover

I took the right two panels off of the board. I kept the white panel background and replaced the black ribbon with this raspberry and white ribbon. To replace the buttons in the center of the ribbons, I raided my stash of old jewelry. These old “ear bobs” as my Granny used to call them, worked perfectly and added a little bling for fun. On the fabric square I simple used left over fabric from the curtains to recover it. It was easily attached using spray adhesive. Again a quick coat of left over white spray paint was used on the black frame.

floral wall mural

And now for my favorite new addition to the room, the floral wall mural. I’m in love! And it adds a huge punch of color that this bland room desperately needed.
That’s it for this week! A little organization, sewing and a lot of paint. I’m happy to say that I’ve knocked out a huge chunk of projects, however in the coming weeks the projects are sure to be a little harder and a little longer!
Make a window seat cushion. Paint the desk top. Paint the white workstation top. Work on a lamp. Make a decision about a chandelier or a reno of the current ceiling fan. Accessories. Drawer pulls.
So far I’ve used a lot of left over paint from my furniture and mural painting business so my grand total for expenditures is $60.26. A huge chunk of that was for the fabric and a gallon of SW Indigo paint.

Please come back next week for week 3, but in the mean time I hope that you will join me in visiting the other bloggers on the $100 Room Challenge!

Tammy from Patina and Paint
Share: