Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Many years ago good friend of mine shared her awesome pumpkin roll recipe with me and I am so thankful that she did! I have made at least 6, or more, of these rolls every year during the holiday season since that time. They taste heavenly and are so easy to make that they have become my go to dessert.
Today, just because I love you, I am going to share that recipe with you. You are welcome!
Here is a list of the ingredients that you are going to need:
2/3cup cooked pumpkin
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
3/4 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Nuts – optional
1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Powdered Sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease and flour a 10 X15 jelly roll pan. ( I use Pam baking spray)
1.Beat Eggs 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice.
2.Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
3.Gradually add together to the pumpkin mixture until completely blended.
4.Pour and spread batter evenly into jelly roll pan.
5.Sprinkle on nuts.
6. Bake in a preheated oven @ 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until done and pulling away from sides of the pan.
7. Turn out immediately onto a cotton towel, or as my Granny called them” Tea Towels “, that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. ( The powdered sugar keeps the roll from sticking to the towel.)
8. Starting at one of the narrow ends roll towel and cake together, tucking in the edges.
9.Place in freezer until completely cool.
Once your cake roll has completely cooled, it’s time to add the filling.
1.Beat together cream cheese and butter.
2. Add in vanilla and mix well.
3.Gradually add in powdered sugar and mix well.
4. Unwrap the cake, gently rolling it out as flat as you can. It will curl up a little, that’s okay as you are going to roll it back up again and won’t notice.
5. Spread the filling evenly onto the cake.
6. Gently roll the cake up tightly, forming a nice roll.
7.Wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in aluminum foil.
Freeze until ready to eat. Your pumpkin rolls can be frozen for up to six months, although they never last that long here at the castle.
Serve: Cut roll into 1/2 inch slices, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
My family loves this recipe!
I love it not only because it tastes awesome, it’s easy to do and it can be done ahead of time. I mark one day off of the calendar in early November of every year and do nothing but bake pumpkin rolls.
I hope you love this recipe too. Happy Baking!
Don’t forget! Thoughts of Home Stunning Thanksgiving Vignettes start this next Monday, November 7. You don’t want to miss this one!